Session presented at the 2012 NAGC Conference in Denver, CO.
Sequence and Consequence
Why digital storytelling?
Thinking physically changes the brain: Pascual‐Leone, A. et al. (1995). Modulation of human cortical motor outputs during the acquisition of new fine motor skills. Journal of Neurophysiology, 74, 1037–1045.
What is Interactive Fiction?
- Introduction to Interactive Fiction by Emily Short
- Interactive Fiction on Wikipedia
- Interactive Fiction and the Common Core
Learning as Cuisine
Reader, Author, World-Builder
Get Lamp: The Text Adventure Documentary
A feature‐length film on the history and culture of interactive fiction.
Teaching with Interactive Fiction
- A short history of IF
- A much longer history of IF
- IF Interpreter programs
- IF story files: wurb.com/if and ifdb.tads.org
- IF development systems: Inform 7 and TADS
- Teaching with IF
- Share your IF experiments and experiences
- Coming soon from ISTE Books: Literacy Practices for 21st Century Students by Mark Gura