Supporting the growth of students and education professionals using cutting edge technology tools to develop and use online resources. My experience in web design, presentation technology, networking tools, and Web 2.0 applications carries over into both my teaching and my personal and professional learning. I am an expert in information literacy skills for both students and educators. Some of the services I can provide in digital technology and information literacy:
- Workshops for teachers on information literacy, 21st century skills, and Internet research, using my internationally-recognized website All About Explorers
- Presentations for parents, administrators, and school board members on the myths and realities of Internet safety and digital technology
- Design consulting to deeply integrate technology into curriculum and instruction
- Assistance with planning and developing technology implementation to support and align with with learning goals and standards
As a member of the Team of Experts for the Alliance for Excellent Education’s Project 24, I was a founding contributor to both the annual Digital Learning Day and the Digital Learning Transition MOOC-Ed.
I also worked with a team of colleagues to develop a web site for improving research and critical thinking skills. This site, AllAboutExplorers.com, receives over 20,000 hits per day and has been featured in several print and online publications:
- The New York Times: “The Future of Reading: In Web Age, Library Job Gets Update“, February 16, 2009.
- Toni Buzzeo’s book, Collaborating to Meet Standards: Teacher/Librarian Partnerships K-6 (2nd ed.)
- Pearson Education Canada’s grade 8 textbook Literacy in Action 8: CyberSense, by Sharon Jeroski and Kathleen Gregory.
- Alan November’s list of recommended websites at the November Learning website.
- School Library Journal blogs on October 28, 2008 and February 17, 2009
- The TechChickTips podcast: “The Golden Episode: Links That Make Us Think
- Silvia Tolisano’s Langwitches’ Blog: “Teaching Information/Research Skills in Elementary School“, February 21, 2009.